What Causes Your Gutters To Leak?
This week is expected to be a rainy one for New Castle County which always leads to a dozen phone calls where customers ask our gutter repair company in Delaware “Why are my gutter leaking” today EvenFlow Services is going to share with you how to find the underlying cause and how to successful repair your gutters to prevent it. Before we do let us explain briefly how your gutter system work because there are many reasons that can be the culprit behind this age-old dilemma.
How Your Gutter System Works
Rain gutters have just one task but it’s an important one, they are intended to carry rainwater and melted snow from the roof of your home to a designated spot on the ground to protect your home from water damages. When it rains the water goes from the pitch of your roof to the gutters and then the water makes it way from the gutter into the downspout, then the downspouts release the water to the ground to protect your basement and foundation from flooding and damages. If you don’t have gutters or French drains, then the water is going to sit on the roof and create a headache no homeowner wants because replacing a roof that has deteriorated because of weather is expensive. To keep your gutter system working at its peak performance you need to enlist a gutter cleaning company in Delaware who will come out twice a year to empty your gutters from leaves, pine needles, twigs and other debris that has collected so the gutters don’t sag or pull away from the home due to the extra weight. Gutter cleaning is often more affordable for Delaware residents that having to repair your gutters nit to mention your leaving your home susceptible to water damages.
The Top 5 Reasons Rain Gutters Leak
1. Old Age: Depending on the type of gutters you have you can expect alumni K Style gutters to last bout 20 years before they need to be replaced due to corrosion and wear and tear. If you purchased a home in Wilmington or Bear that is older, and your gutters are leaking you may want to call a gutter repair company. One way to tell that its time to repair your gutters is if they look like more like a water sprinkler for your lawn then extra crown molding around your home.
2. Loose Gutters: Often when gutters are not cleaned as often as they should be, or we have snow and ice that accumulates it can rip the gutters away from your roof and create a gap. The gutters will need to be reattached which can be a time consuming and tedious process even for a intermediate do it yourselfer. This is where a gutter repair professional can help.
3. Clogged Gutters: This is another problem that can be prevented if you keep your gutters cleaned twice a year. When gutters become clogged with dirt and debris the rain, snow, and ice have a hard time of traveling to your downspouts, so it has to sit inside until it reaches the brim of your gutters and spills over the sides.
4. Holes, Cracks, and Gaps: One of the problems with metal gutters is they are more susceptible to holes because they can rust. When rust builds up and is nit scrubbed off the gutters it can create holes. The best way to prevent this is to use a silicone waterproof sealant that will make your gutters less prone to rust and consequently leaks.
5. Improper Slopes: Often many Delaware homeowners assume their new gutters are going to work great because they look good and then it rains, and you realize they were not installed correctly. When you have your gutters installed, they should slope down so the water has an easier time traveling downwards instead of forming a puddle which makes your gutters heavy and more prone to sag which leads to gutter repairs. The simplest solution is to ensure the Delaware gutter repair service you hire adjust the gutters, so they have a suitable slope.
The Best Way To Repair Leaky Gutters?
Regardless of which of these five common issues was the culprit that caused your gutters to look like a water sprinkler their is one right solution for all your gutter repair needs, EvenFlow Services. Our team offers gutter cleaning, repairs, installation and affordable replace gutters and gutter sticks so that your household is protected from water damages. We offer services in and around New Castle County including Wilmington, Bear, Newark, and Hockessin. Our estimates are free, and our prices are competitive with what other gutter repair DE companies charge. Give us a call at 302-266-0332 or complete our online form and a member of our team will contact you within 24-48 hours.